OUTSIDE BAPTISM SERVICES 2021
Sunday, July 11 at 11:00 AM
WHAT IS BAPTISM?
WHAT IT IS NOT
Although baptism is a part of salvation (I Peter 3:21), baptism does not save you. This means that it doesn't purchase your way to heaven, guarantee you a personal relationship with Jesus, or get rid of your sins. Baptism is an expression of faith by obedience to Christ (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:41). Faith in Christ and repentance from sin are necessary to its validity (Matthew 3:8; Acts 2:38; Acts 8:37).
WHY DO IT?
Because Jesus did it (Matthew 3:13-17).
Because Jesus commands you to do it in obedience (Matthew 28:18-20)
Baptism identifies us with the burial of Jesus (Romans 6:4; Colossians 2:12). It indicates we died to sin by repentance and are burying our past sins, the dominion of sin, and the sinful lifestyle.
Baptism is part of our spiritual circumcision (Colossians 2:11-13).
WHEN TO DO IT?
Followers of Jesus were baptized after repenting and committing their lives to Jesus (Acts 16:29-33).
THE SYMBOL OF BAPTISM
Baptism symbolizes Jesus death, burial and resurrection. It symbolizes your death to sin and your new life in Jesus (Romans 6:3-4).
HOW TO BAPTIZE
The original word in the bible for baptized is baptizo, it means to immerse in a body of water. Followers of Jesus in bible were plunged into water (Acts 8:35-38).
Please dress appropriately we wish to create an environment of respect, honor for the God. You will be completely immersed (dunk) under water in a medium side outdoor pool sanitized with chlorine tablets. Wear dark clothing, as thin, light clothing may become revealing, see-through and inappropriate. You are encourage to come dressed in your baptism clothes.
WHAT DO I WEAR OR NEED TO BRING?
- LADIES: Wear a one-piece bathing suit under pants or shorts and a dark-colored t-shirt. Bring an extra pair of socks to be baptized in. Bring sandals, crocs, or flip flops. Bring swim cap, if you desire.
- MEN: Wear swim shorts under pants or shorts and a dark-colored t-shirt. Bring an extra pair of socks to be baptized in. Bring sandals, crocs, or flip flops. Bring swim cap, if you desire.
- Bring a large towel, a plastic bag will be provided for your wet clothing.
- Please do not wear jeans or jean shorts, they absorb a lot of water.
- Don't forget to bring your change of clothing for after baptism.
Baptism will take place at the conclusion of a brief Worship Service. You will have a short time to change clothes, if you need to. After baptism, you will be led to a designated area to change clothes.